Wednesday 19 January 2011

New Delights Albums 23-25

23 Raising Sand - Robert Plant / Alison Krauss*
Oh I just love this album. So mellow but with a hint of mischief. Their voices blend together in such a wonderful harmony and it is unexpected as Robert Plant is fab, but definitely not his usual stuff. I have started to star albums that I want on a regular relisten pile. Found myself humming tunes that I had listened to during the day!!! Says something about the music!

24 Norah Jones Come Away With Me
Hmmmmm. Discovered Norah Jones when I was not in a good place. It is special for personal reasons. A beautiful album but not always easy to listen to. I wonder if this will be easier in a few years time? Beautiful voice, mellow and perhaps melancholy?

24 Christian Forshaw & Sanctuary Ensemble - Midwinter
Thank you Mrs. Asher........... My first recommendation and one which I will put away and treasure next December. I love the saxophone. It is so haunting and adds to the perfection of the solo voice. Very very special Christmas music. There are some of my favourite carols on this album and a couple of pieces that are new.

1 comment:

  1. Nora Jones... Come Away with Me... that particular song. So evokes bad memories of my last relationship. I am trying to now squash that song from my head. Right now. Haunting. But only in a bad way :-(

    ReplyDelete