Wednesday 5 January 2011

Most perfect piece of music

Although back a work I have managed to listen to my album a day - the blogging had to wait!

Returning to the planet work required careful selection of music as I planned to replace radio 4 - Today Programme and PM with a CD. Rodrigo's Guitar Music - Played by Jeremy Jouve and Judicael Perroy did the trick. This album has four wonderful pieces but I particularly loved Sonata Giocosa.

Yesterday it was the Be Good Tanya’s - Hello Love. I heard them at the SAGE with a friend - a fab concert. These women have amazing voices and the music is quite traditional American, the harmonies magical and their performance was memorable - an unexpected delight. The women are wacky............love that, and the CD is one which I treasure.

Today I am listening to Miles Davis - In a Silent Way. This is soooooo special. It is haunting, atmospheric and if I had to decide on the last album that I would ever listen to, this would be a contender. What an album! May need to listen to it again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Listening to Miles Davis' CD twice only counts as ONE CD towards the 365 - yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne
    This is such a tease.. that's going to last a year. I am thinking will we see Buffalo Springfield, Alanis Morissette, and surprise music, that your kid's introduced you to, like mine exposed me to like Vampire Weekend. And new stuff you discover all by yourself.... like when I discovered Frank Fairfield.
    Keep it all such a dance of the seven veils... or rather 365 veils...! Who will be next :-)
    Enjoying it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, stuff here that I haven't heard. When I get to the end of my albums I will need new ideas. That is going to be really exciting!

    ReplyDelete