Sunday 16 January 2011

Jazz Masterpiece

Albums 21 and 22 - bit Jazzie

Weather Report - Heavy Weather.
This is such a classic and that fantastic base playing from Jaco Pastorius - Wayne Shorter  and Pastorius ....the dream team. This is a classic album and one which I treasure. Another one which is good at the gym, but even better sitting at home with a glass of wine, or just to lift the mood.

Album 22
Jacqui Dankworth - back to you
Bought this album a year ago after hearing it being reviewed on the radio. She has a great voice and it is another album for mellow moments.

I have now listened to all of the albums in the car so off to select some more. This is fun!

1 comment:

  1. Jacqui... ! Anne, you do so keep up with the next generation. I have to presume the off spring of Johnny and Cleo... I haven't heard anything by her. Good. A new musical exploration on youtube is now due... You are exposing stuff that is making me curious. I missed so much stuff.

    On a related note. Johnny and Cleo used to have a BBC2 show - they would invite musicians they liked to their home. And just chat about their musical connections, and gig together.... Keith Emerson was one of their guests... ! I recorded it - directly off the TV. I recorded it on a reel-to-reel tape recorder. I don't know what that says about me. Geek. Then . But wanted the three musical greats recorded together :-)

    ReplyDelete