Monday 10 January 2011

Catch Up

Although no time to blog, plenty of listening and quite a range of music. Some days I am managing to listen to more than one album. It is great to explore my collection and I am selecting albums fairly randomly.

So what have I listened to?

Album 9
Debussy - Complete Chamber Music  For Woodwinds................ Rapsodie for Cor Anglais, Syrinx, Sonata for flute, viola and harp etc. This is a wonderful, calming album which is another that I often play. I have yet to listen to the second album which is Saint-Saens. That is for another day.

Album 10
Pierre Bensusan - Intuite
I just love Pierre's music. It is so special. I remeber hearing him play many years ago at the Dovecot. The atmosphere was so intense and the music awesome. I would love to go to another live concert.

Album 11
Sting and The Police - The Best of.....
I bought this album back in 2002 when I was replacing albums. So many fantastic tracks, great music to lift the mood.

Album 12 / 13
Collins Field Guide to bird song - Geoff Semple
I know........how wacky is this album? I just love listening to these two albums. I have them on my ipod. They do help me when I am bird watching, but if ever I cannot sleep or I am feeling tense, these two albums just take away the stress. The call of lapwings, curlew, winchat, grouse, meadow pipit - always recreates the sense of being out somewhere wonderful.

Album 14
Enya - And Winter Came
I wish that I had remembered this album before Christmas. I used to listen to Enya when I was working late at night - kept me company, but could get irritating. It was fun to listen to her again after so much time.

Album 15
Mamma Mia - movie soundtrack
This is one of my favourite albums for running to. The beat is perfect. Yesterday I ran 10k - don't think I would have managed it without the music. Oh and I can hardly walk today!

I am quite pleased that I have managed to listen to 15 albums by 9th January. This is fun.

1 comment:

  1. What an eclectic taste you have, Anne !

    There's a web site that will email you next time Pierre Bensusan plays in London (and when he plays there, fingers crossed, he will play in the North!) You can register for that email update here>

    http://www.songkick.com/artists/162059-pierre-bensusan

    Where do listen to these albums? Driving? At Home on the "stereo"? Wandering around with your ipod/ipad? Just curious as to how you have fitted in so much music into your busy life :-)

    ReplyDelete