Sunday 2 January 2011

Another day of listening. Started with Joni Mitchell.... So fanttic. Chelsea Morning and Yellow Taxi... So many old favourites. Whilst taking xmas tree down i listened to stravinsky, Petrouchka and The Rite of Spring. Not gentle listening, but again music that i am very familiar with. My final listen was Emmerson Lake and Palmer - a collection. It was fun to start with and i enjoyed listening to Greg Lake's fab voice and my favourites LUcky Man and Take a Pebble. The music was 'vigorous' and thank the lord that we dont hear too many long, long, long drum solos anymore. I haven't listened to this band for ages and they were one of my favourite bands in the early 70's, but I had sufficient by the time the second album finished.

2 comments:

  1. ha! As I mentioned. ELP. Fave band of that period. I so wanted to have section of ELP's rendition of Pictures at an Exhibition played at my wedding... shucks... I bottled it... Biggest regret of my marriage - ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Yellow Taxi by Joni gave this once young lad such chills ! Still does !

    Link to Joni's version...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMEPk6fvpg

    ReplyDelete