Sunday 11 December 2011

I have been given a pile of CDs to listen to - some I know and some albums are new to me. After the summer it was quite hard to get back into listening , but I am really back in the swing.

CD 257    Chris Rea - Espresso logic
I really enjoy Chris Rea, but this album leaves me cold. I like track 6 - Julia. The pipes on track 1 are quite folksie.
CD 258    Erasure - Erasure
I think this is the first time that I have listened to an Erasure album. I thought the album was quite long and I wasn't really impressed by the first track. Loved the song 'Rock Me Gently', but it is quite long and has a gospel  choir singing. Not sure that Iwill be listening to it again!
CD 259   R.E.M - New Adventures In High Fi
Another album that I didn't know.and I can't say that I enjoyed it very much. It is a mix of country/rock music. Perhaps I needed something calmer.

CD 260   Hank Mobley - Soul Station
Lovely album - jazz that is almost laid back without being too mellow. This was a delight and I particularly enjoyed the track 'Soul Station'. This is an album that I will listen to again.
CD 261   Eurythmics - We Too Are One
Annie Lennox - what a voice. I didn't know this album having not really listened to the Eurythmics - but I just love it. So powerful and full of energy.

CD 262  Travis - The Man Who
I started to listen to this album and then was distracted. The music was on in the background. I was aware of how much I was enjoying the music, so listened to it again immediately.
CD 263   Becky and Billy - Tomorrows’ News
This album is a recording by a young American couple who are friends of a friend. It was suprisingly good, but I am not sure that I will listen to it again.
CD 264   Zappa - Strictly Commercial
I just love listening to Zappa - the sound is crazy and he is so witty, sometimes quite caustic. What an amazing sound!

CD 265  Schubert -Arpeggione Sonata (John Williams)
John Williams guitar playing is always a winner. This is a piece of music that I didnt know and I enjoyed it very much.
CD 266  Sinead O’Connor - I Do Not want What I haven’t Got
This album was just a delight. The music of angels.

CD 267   Elaine Elias - Everything I Love
Struggled to finish listening to this album.

CD 268  Joni Mitchell  - Blue
Another gem..
CD 269 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
In the past I have listened to this album many times but it was an album which I hadn't heard for ages. It was a pleasure to hear it again - like an old friend.
CD 270  Brahams -Violin Concerto (Nigel Kennedy)
Brahams and Nigel Kennedy - amarriage made in heaven!
CD 271  Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where Time Goes?
Much as I love Fairport, I cannot remember this album. I love the Sandy Denny version of Who knows Where The Time Goes, but this also great. I was suprised by 'Heard it Through The Grapevine', but enjoyed it.
CD 272  Oasis -  Heathen Chemistry
I have discovered several Oasis albums and have really enjoyed listening to them. Much more accessible and enjoyable than I had expected.

CD273 John Coltrane - Love Supreme
Total magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment