Monday 19 December 2011

274 and onwards!

CD 274  Saw Doctors - To Win Just Once
A band that I had heard of in 80's but not listened to. Lively Irish rock band - good fun, pleasant listening.

CD275  The Cranberries - No Need To Argue
Hmm .......... two Irish rock bands in one day! However very listenable and fun.

CD 276  Christy - Live at The Point
Now this is getting to be too much. Irish overload. Much as I love Irish music and Christy Moore, this album really didn't appeal. Some songs are great but not an album that I will listen to again.

CD 277 Ralph McTell - Travelling Man
This album is a double and recorded live in london in 1998. I went to hear Ralph McTell a few years ago and was disappointed however this album was great.  Obviously starts with Streets of London, but there are some wonderful songs. Well worth listening to.

CD 278 Stan Getz  - Tempus Fugit
Bril album!

CD 279 Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection
Confess to seeing this in Sainsburys for £3 - what a bargin. I will always love you - if only I could sing along to that song. Her voice is stunning! So many brilliant songs. For £3........ what a bargin.

CD 280  Hank Mobley - Soul Station
Lovely Jazz album.

CD281  Kings College Coral Scholars - Christmas
One of my fav Christmas albums. Put the Christmas tree up - by myself listening to this album and singing along. Chased the lonliness away!

No comments:

Post a Comment